What is perfect peace?
With all the turmoil in the world today, I wanted to know more about finding perfect peace.
I think perfect peace is a state of contentment, calm, and total trust in Father God, no matter what turmoil is going on around us.
The opposite of peace is strife, fear, anger, covet, struggle, argue, fight, control over others, and war.
How do we reach and stay in a state a state of perfect peace?
The bible says the person who trusts in, and keeps their mind focused on, Father God will have perfect peace.
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3
What do you place your trust in?
Do you ONLY place your trust in Father God?
Or do you trust in other gods???
What is your mind focused on?
A god is anything you place your trust in, your hope in, your affection and focus attention in.
People tend to have many little gods they trust in and idols in their life:
Money, job, home, land, vehicle, education, investments, retirement, social media, NEWS, music, TV, movie stars, doctor, pharmacy, pastor, church, sports, hospital, police, military, government, politics, etc.
When we place our trust in these, to save our life or better our life, they become gods and idols in our life.
Father God gave us 10 rules to live by and he signed them with his own name, YAHUAH.
We call these 10 rules the 10 Commandments. These are found in Exodus 20:2-17. Father God wanted us to think about them all of the time, morning and night, and to tell them to our children where ever we may journey throughout our day too.
When we violate these rules, we go beyond the boundaries our Creator set for us, and we loose our peace that he freely gives to all who will come to him and obey.
- You shall not have other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols. Do not make any images of anything above the earth, in the earth, or below. Do not put your trust and affection in any man made thing.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- You will keep the Sabbath day holy. 6 days you will labor and the 7th day is blessed and belongs to Father God. (The 7th day pattern begins each month at the first sighting of the moon. There are 4 -7th day Sabbath rests each month. The 7 day pattern cycles again for the next month at the first sighting of the moon. This is our Heavenly Father’s weekly and monthly calendar.)
- You will honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet. Do not desire your neighbor’s house. Do not desire your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant. Do not desire your neighbors ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that belongs to your neighbor.
In these rules he commanded, he gave us 8 things not to do, and 2 things we must do. Folks find it hard to follow these 10 rules.
When we break one of these 10 rules, we have sin in our life. Sin is wickedness. Father God will not fellowship with us when we are walking in sin, because he is Holy and there is no sin in him. He asks us to walk in a holy life because he is holy and he is our father in heaven.
Father God sent a part of himself to help us overcome the temptation and punishment of sin. He sent his only begotten son into the world to live as a man, and teach people about the kingdom of Father God, to show people how to live and obey these 10 commands, avoiding deception, loving and helping others, and defeating the temptations of the flesh and Satan.
He had perfect peace. He said “my peace I give to you.” He told the people that he came fulfill the law and covenant all the law of God and the prophets could be summed up in this:
- Love Father God with all your heart mind and soul.
- Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Go about meeting their needs, forgive them, heal them. When you take care of others and meet their needs with the power of the Holy Spirit of God in your life, you are honoring your father in heaven. He said when you do this unto the least of these people, you are doing it unto me.
Then he chose to lay down his life as a perfect sacrifice for mankind to Father God so that everyone who believes in him, confessed their sins, and accepted him as Lord of their life, would not die in their sins, but would be forgiven by Father God be born again and have eternal life and eternal fellowship with him.
If you love him, you will trust in him only, repent of any sin, keep all of his commands, keep the 7th day Sabbath, and take care of others. He will reward you on judgement day with eternal life because you believed in him, you trusted him as Lord God of your life, and you took care of the real needs of others and did not turn away.
That is our perfect hope! Our PERFECT PEACE is Yahuah (Father God our Creator) and through the gift of his son Yahusha (Yahuah Saves) we have eternal life, healing for our body, and perfect peace in every situation we face in this life. Hallelujah! Praise his holy name!
Be wise, be in perfect peace, and be blessed!